AAAAHHHH, the greatest time of year!!!
Hello Secret Santa, and Passersby! This here is Z’s gift guide to this year’s Secret Santa festivitays.
As we’ve gotten familiar and more comfortable in this space and with each other, I just wanted to say thank you to all of you. It’s been a really trying year what with the state of our country and world, and I’ve been absent these past few months thanks to being busy but know that I think of you all and what we’ve built here. Thank you as always, TAY. Newcomers and old TAYfolk alike.
Okay, now that there’s watery stuff in my eye, let me move on to why you’re here! Guidance as to what I could possibly want for this year’s Secret Santa.
The truth is, as it is every year, there’s nothing I actually want. But in the spirit of the Season and our sacred activity, it’s all about the kinship, right? And good will? And know that I’d appreciate whatever it is you got. So! To help you out, here are lists — of my favorite franchises (You can bet I have all the games from these series, so I wouldn’t need copies of the actual games), and I will put some games I don’t have, if that makes things easier.
If you’re a crafty person, I’d appreciate something home-made too! It’s all good!
- Hotline Miami: Still in love with this series (maybe even more so now!), and I still own just about everything I could get my grubby mitts on. I have the games, the Gamer’s Edition of the games, the full-set of cameo cards, a Japanese PSVita copy of the series, the vinyl of the first game, regular Jacket and Biker figures, a Rasmus head, a Don Juan head, HLM2 stickers, HLM2 pins, the Japanese cover art in print form from B0neface, and a 50 Blessings shirt. Things I don’t have and would like if within price range, or nothing short of a miracle: The Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number vinyl. Or a Carl mask. Or a Japanese PS4 copy of the game.
- Final Fantasy: My fave games from this franchise are FFVII, FFX, FFV, FFVI, FFXII, Tactics and Tactics A-2. Love the series’ monsters and general FF lore, so this might be an option too
- The Legend of Zelda: My fave games from this franchise are Majora’s Mask (I have the nendo! So cute!), Breath of the Wild (If the nendo with Epona is miraculously within budget, I’d love it!), Oracle of Ages and Seasons, The Minish Cap, Wind Waker, and Skyward Sword. Amiibo I have: Revali (because best bird, after a Swan and a goose), and all of those lesser Champions, Ocarina of Time’s Link, Majora Mask’s Goron Link, a Guardian, and BotW Link.
- Dragon Quest: I’m super into DQ! I have practically no merch from this series, just the games which were released in the West. So if you found some cool merch, I’d love it. Goomans, goomans everywhere.
- Animal Crossing - I don’t need amiibo from this series because I have all the fools I could possibly want from it. I’m huge into the amiibo cards, so more cards are always welcome. I also have the animal crossing guide on Fangamer, and a DJ KK plush!
- Personas 3, 4 and 5. I recently saw the Jack Frost plush went up for sale on Atlus’ website but it’s way too pricey. If a sale were to grace its little Hee Ho self, I’d love one! I have the games including spin-offs and I have a Morgana plush.
- Shin Megami Tensei
- Chrono Trigger
- Transistor - that little figure of Red is cute if it goes on sale!
- Danganronpa (Nagito’s my fave!)
- Professor Layton
- Action RPGs
- Square Enix
- Naughty Dog
- Supergiant Games
With my Nintendo Switch and PS4 in need of some downloads or physical copies, I’d be perfectly fine with an Amazon gift card or Nintendo eShop card. The onslaught of games are things I can already sense coming in 2018.
- LEGO (Creator house things, Doctor Who, Mini Figs are all safe bets)
- Gravity Falls (I have that Dipper Guide, Journal 3, and a Dipper Hat)
- Toy Blind Boxes (even weird, random figures that are not series specific), Tokidoki has some of the cutest ones.
- Adventure Time
- Funky socks
- Slouch hat/funky hats (not caps)
- Prints from the artist B0neface, particularly the Queens of the Stone Age cover he did for their latest album, “Villains” or any work he’s done for that band. Note though that he’s based in the UK, so...conversions would have to be accounted for if this is something you’re looking into.
Games I Missed This Year & Ones I’m Looking For (in case a Black Friday sale came up or something, or you found that random (complete) physical copy of Suikoden at your local Gamestop or Thrift Shop and this would be easier on you):
- Skies of Arcadia (GameCube) (Bwahahahaha, as if.)
Suikoden I (PS)I OWN A COPY NOW!
- Suikoden II (PS) (double the bwahaha)
- Suikoden III
- Suikoden IV
- Suikoden V
- Shadow Hearts: Covenant (PS2)
- Shadow Hearts (PS2)
- Solatorobo: Red The Hunter (DS)
- Lost Odyssey (Xbox)
- Tales of Vesperia (Xbox)
- The Last Remnant (Xbox)
- Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA)
- Megaman Battle Network (GBA)
- Breath of Fire (GBA)
- Breath of Fire II (GBA)
- Dragon Warrior (GBC)
- Night in the Woods
- Nintendo: GBA, DS, 3DS, New 3DS, Gamecube, N64, Wii, Wii U, Switch
- Sony: PSOne, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PSVita
Please, no shirts. I got a ton of them!
Thanks again. If it seems too daunting, ask around or leave me a comment here (obviously with a burner or get someone to do it for you so I don’t recognize you as my secret Santa!). I’ll try to narrow and/or answer questions.