Hai hai Secret Santa, and Curious Friends!
The greatest time of year is almost upon us once more, and once again, I’m tasked with creating a wish list. This gets harder every year as I have so much and don’t truly need more ::proceeds to make a list as long as a $400 shopping receipt::
First thing, though: Thanks to everyone on TAY. Another year has gone by and despite all the craziness happening out there in our world, we’re still here and we’re together!
Onwards! Here are some ideas for ya! Some are out of the price range but if miracles happen, that’d be awesome:
Franchises I Like (Or Specific Things I Got Mah Eye On):
- Hotline Miami - I’m still after the Hotline Miami 2 vinyl. It’s long sold out, no reprints planned, and when it was at retail, it was $60. Now it goes for like $300 on ebay. So a miracle would be cool!
- Dragon Quest - This is the one series I really have next to nothing in terms of merch of. I don’t even have a slime plush or Slime PS controller! Not that I think a Slime PS Controller that’s Japan only would magically be $25. Anywwwaaaay. Dragon Quest stuff. I have all the games I need. So what do I want from DQ? Merch! Pins, figures [except Erik from DQXI. Acquired him earlier this year!) I’m partial to Metal Slimes/Metal Liquid Slimes but anything cool, really. Dragon Quest VII, Dragon Quest V, Dragon Quest Builders, Dragon Quest XI are my favorite games in the series.
- Outer Wilds - I’m currently obsessed with Outer Wilds. It’s an amazing game that you all should play. Of course, this means that I’m covered on the official pinny arcade pin for the game, as well as the tshirt. Not much other choices left but if a vinyl releases, that’d be awesome.
- Dead Cells - I’m also obsessed with this one. I loove it. I have the fangamer bread pin but not the spark of life pin. I’d love a vinyl of this one too if there’s one around.
- Animal Crossing
- Pins - So enamel pins from any of the franchises I listed are cool (except maybe HLM because I’m pretty sure I have all of the official ones already). Here are some I’d really appreciate: Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda, Dragon Quest, Animal Crossing, and Luigi. Etsy’s fine too, of course!
- Giftcards - You know, I’m all about some Nintendo Switch eShop or Amazon Gift cards. There are a few games I’m looking to buy, like Overland, Sushi Striker, and others which I’m sure I’ll love.
- Bastion - the vinyl. (It’s the last one I need from Supergiant’s games)
- No More Heroes
- Keep an eye on B0neface’s store... he’s the artist for Queens of the Stone Age’s latest album, and No More Heroes Travis Strikes Again. If a print from either of those two (QotSA or NMH) might be feasible....I’d really appreciate that. He tends to update sporadically though. Also note, he works in pounds because UK artist. Consider those awful conversion rates, and ensure you’re not over the Secret Santa spending limit!
- LEGO - I love LEGO, the creator line is my favorite but LEGO minifigures are always welcome.
- Manga - I’m looking at you, Perfect Editions of 20th Century Boys. Volume 3 only. Monster: Volume 4 and onwards of Monster.
- Final Fantasy
- If you’re crafty, I’m totes cool with a handmade gift from any of the franchises I listed.
- Artwork/Prints - I recently set up a gaming space, and while I don’t have much wall space left, if there’s a cool smaller print (standard poster size is too big, so go even smaller!) you think I should have from any of the series I listed, that’d be super cool too.
Please no t-shirts as I have way too many.
So that’s a lot to take in but I’ll appreciate whatever you come up with (combination of stuff. All good!).
I think that’s it? If you have any questions, ask around (GBD is a safe bet), or just leave a comment here (with a burner or get someone to do it, so you don’t give yourself away!)